DFC Ticket FAQs
How do I get to the Devon Horse Show?
For directions to the Devon Horse Show click here.
What are the hours for the horse show and fair?
- Gates will open at approximately 8:00 a.m. and close at approximately 10:00 p.m., daily.
- The Country Fair area will open at 10:00 a.m. for the Midway and Shopping.
What is the location of the Advanced Sale Ticket Office? When is it open?
- The Advanced Sale Ticket Office is located in the new building, next to the Gold Oval, on the first floor near Dorset Road.
- It opens approximately 6 weeks before the show begins (generally the first Monday in August). The hours are Monday through Friday from 10 AM – 3 PM.
- To receive information on the exact date that the Ticket Office will open each year, ask to be added to our mailing list or check our website (http://www.devonhorseshow.net/).
What is your ticketing structure?
- General Admission: provides entrance to the horse show & fall festival for an entire day and open bench seating around the rings on a first-come basis**. These tickets are not date sensitive and are available for all days. Adults, $5, Children 3-12, $2, and Seniors 65 & over: $3. Children 2 & Under are free. Does not include Covered Grandstand Seating.
- Reserved Grandstand Seating: provides entrance to the horse show & fall festival AND includes your choice of seating in one of our four covered grandstands. One ticket is sold for the Saturday Evening performance. Come early, stay late! You may enter the show grounds at anytime that day with a Reserved Grandstand ticket, but you may only sit in your seat during the time stated on the ticket. Each Reserved Grandstand seat is $10 per person.
What are the 'best' places to sit in the grandstands?
- Seating preferences are highly subjective; what may be the favorite for one person may not be best for another.
- The Main Grandstand – on the west side of the Dixon Oval – has the traditional wooden design. It offers two rows of bench seating (with backs) above the boxes.
- The East 1 Grandstand is located on the northeast side of the ring close to the Committee Stand. It provides 10 rows of individual molded plastic seats with backs.
- The East 2 & 3 Grandstands are centered on the east side of the Dixon Oval. These grandstands provide 13-14 rows of metal bleachers with no seat backs.
- The East 2 Grandstand has ramped access and offers one row of 32 seats with backs. Wheelchair and companion seating is also available.
May I order tickets by phone or over the Internet?
- The Advanced Sale Ticket Office accepts phone orders beginning August 3rd from 10am to 3pm, Monday through Friday.
- Internet Tickets are available through the Devon Horse Show website. (An additional fee will be charged.)
If I buy Reserved Grandstand Tickets, do I also need to purchase General Admission Tickets?
- No, a separate General Admission ticket is not required with Reserved Grandstand Seating. With a Reserved Grandstand ticket, you may enter the show & fair grounds anytime that day, but you may only sit in your seat during the time stated on the ticket.
I plan to buy Reserved Grandstand seating. Do I have to purchase a ticket for my child if he or she will sit on my lap?
- No, your child may sit on your lap in the Reserved Grandstands at no additional cost.
Do you offer any special discounts through the Advanced Sale Office?
- For groups of 10 or more, the Advanced Sale Ticket Office offers a $2 discount off the price of a regular reserved grandstand ticket for all performances.
- In addition, Seniors 65 & Over, Children 12 & Under, and Active Military Personnel also receive a discount of $2 per ticket for Regular Grandstand Seating.
- Multiple discounts are not allowed. Offer limited to Reserved Grandstand tickets purchased through the Advanced Sale Office.
Do you offer special seating for the disabled?
- With General Admission, we offer a platform at the rail of the Dixon Oval between the East 1 and East 2 Grandstands for wheelchair-bound spectators and their attendants.
- For Reserved Grandstand ticket holders, our ramped East 2 Grandstand provides a first row of seats with backs. Spectators must be able to transfer to the seat.
- Wheelchair and companion seating is also available in the the East 2 Grandstand. Please call the Ticket Office at 610-688-2554 for more information.
What are the cannot miss events for the Fall Classic?
- The Welcome Stake and the Open Speed Stake are jumping classes that offer exciting equestrian events Friday and Saturday. They are events that spectators always enjoy and continue to impress the crowds at the Devon Fall Classic.
- The $25,000 Devon Fall Classic is the highly anticipated featured jumping class of the event that will be taking place on Saturday Evening, September 17th. This equestrian event offers uninterrupted jumping action throughout the evening, and draws large numbers of spectators.