Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get to Devon and where do I stay?
What are the hours?
- Gates open at approximately 8:00 a.m. and close at approximately 10:00 p.m., daily.
- The Midway, shops and most food booths open at 10 a.m., the Tea Cart opens daily at 7:00 a.m.
- The first Sunday, the gates will open at 10:00 a.m. and the Horse Show classes will start at noon.
- The final Sunday, the classes will begin at 8:00 a.m. and conclude at approximately 3:00 p.m. The Midway, shops and most food booths will also be open. The Plant Sale begins immediately following the last class of the day.
What is the location of the Advanced Sale Ticket Office? When are Advanced Ticket Sales open?
Advanced Online Ticket Sales
- Monday March 21, 2022 for the All Performance Ticket Packages
- Monday March 21, 2022 for the 5 Night FEI Grand Prix Packages
- Monday March 21, 2022 for the 3 Night FEI Grand Prix Packages
- Monday March 21, 2022 Devon Club Tables for the Grand Prix on sale
- Monday March 21, 2022 Daytime Committee Stand Tables on Sale online or call the Ticket Office (610) 688 2554
- Monday March 28, 2022 for all tickets, packages and parking
During the show, all ticket issues will be resolved at the Main Ticket office, 23 Dorset Road.
All internet purchased tickets bought after May 22nd can be picked up when the show opens May 26th in the main ticket office in “Will Call”, 23 Dorset Road.
Internet purchases with delivery at “Will Call”are available during the show but phone orders can not be not taken during the show. We suggest purchasing your ticket in advance.
If you wish to purchase tickets during the show, please come to the ticket office at the main gate on Dorset Rd.
Advanced Walk-In Sales
Walk-in sales will open Thursday April 1, 2021. Please see Advanced Phone Sales details below. We suggest purchasing your tickets well in advance of the show on the internet or by phone.
- The Advanced Sale tickets are available in the new Ticket Office, located at the corner of Dorset and Berkley Roads. The office opens approximately 7 weeks before the start of the show.
- (The first walk-in date is Monday March 28, 2022). The hours are Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Advanced Phone Sales
Monday March 28, 2022 for all tickets, packages and parking
- The Advanced Sale Ticket Office accepts phone orders daily between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. beginning March 28th, 2022, please call (610) 688-2554.
What is your ticketing structure?
- General Admission: provides entrance to the Devon Horse Show and Country Fair for an entire day and open bench seating around the rings on a first-come basis (with the exception of Grand Prix night). These tickets are not date sensitive and are available for all days including the popular Thursday Grand Prix. General Admission tickets do not include covered grandstand seating.
Prices: Adults: $16.00; On June 2nd, for Adult Grand Prix General Admission tickets are $20. On Grand Prix Day the $16 Adult General Admission tickets will not be accepted, Children 6-18 and Seniors 65 & over: $8.00 Children 5 & under are free.
- General Admission bench seating along the west side of the Dixon Oval for the Thursday Evening Grand Prix: These seats require special wristbands. On the morning of the Grand Prix, Thursday, June 2nd, at 8:00 a.m., special wristbands will be available on a first-come basis at the Main Gate Ticket Office on Dorset Road. For adults, you will be required to have an Adults $20 Grand Prix General Admission tickets in order to receive each wristband. As a courtesy to other patrons, saving seats by the use of blankets, bags, coolers, etc., will not be permitted. Security will clear all benches of unattended materials prior to the beginning of the 7:00 p.m. performance.
- General Admission All Show Pass: This hang tag provides discounted General Admission entry for each day of the show and is one of the best tickets show values.
Value $160.00 Price: $85.00
- Reserved Grandstand Seating: Provides entrance to the Devon Horse Show and Country Fair AND includes your choice of seating in one of our four covered grandstands. One ticket is sold for the day session, and another ticket is sold for the evening. Come early, stay late! You may enter the show grounds any time on your ticket date with a Reserved Grandstand ticket, but you may only sit in your seat during the session’s time stated on the ticket. Prices vary according to the performance.
Prices vary depending on the event attended, $15 to $75.
- FEI – Five Night World Ranking Competition Grand Prix Package:
Tuesday, May 31, 2022 FEI $50,000 Devon Welcome Stake Wednesday, June 1, 2022 FEI $37,000 Devon International Speed Stake Thursday, June 2, 2022 FEI $250,000 Sapphire Grand Prix Friday, June 3, 2022 FEI $37,000 Devon Speed Challenge Saturday, June 4, 2022 FEI $73,000 Idle Dice Open Jumper Stake Price: $270.00/package
- FEI – Three Night World Ranking Competition Grand Prix Package:
Tuesday, May 31, 2022 FEI $50,000 Devon Welcome Stake Wednesday, June 1, 2022 FEI $37,000 Devon International Speed Stake Thursday, June 2, 2022 FEI $250,000 Sapphire Grand Prix Price: $160.00/package
- All Performance Seating Package: When you buy an All Performance package, your seats for the following year are reserved and you have the opportunity to renew the same seats before any tickets go on sale. Renewals of All Performance Packages also allows you to purchase other events tickets prior to open ticket sales on March 30 by calling the ticket office. This package is our best value. The package provides discounted daily entrance to the show & fair. Value $650.00
What are the 'best' places to sit in the grandstands?
Seating preferences are highly subjective; what may be the favorite for one person may not be best for another.
The Main Grandstand – on the west side of the Dixon Oval – has the traditional wooden design. It offers two rows of bench seating (with backs) in the last row behind the boxes.
The East 1 Grandstand is located on the northeast side of the Dixon Oval ring and is closest to the Committee Stand. It provides 10 rows of individual molded plastic seats with backs.
The East 2 & 3 Grandstands are centered on the east side of the Dixon Oval. These grandstands provide 13-14 rows of metal bleachers with no seat backs.
The East 2 Grandstand has access ramps and offers 32 seats with backs in row 1. Wheelchair and companion seating is also available online, or by phone or walk-in beginning March 28th, 2022.
May I order tickets by phone or online?
Yes, tickets are available by phone and on our website. Additional fees apply to website sales.
Please see below for important dates:
The Advanced Sale Ticket Office accepts phone orders and walk-in purchases beginning Monday March 28, 2022. Please call the Ticket Office at call (610) 688-2554.
Phone orders are not taken during the show.
Internet Tickets are available. (Additional fees will be charged.)
The Advanced Internet Sales begin:
- Monday, March 21, 2022 for the All Performance Ticket Packages
- Monday, March 21, 2022 for the 5 Night FEI Grand Prix Packages
- Monday, March 21, 2022 for the 3 Night FEI Grand Prix Packages
- Monday, March 21, 2022 for Devon Club Tables for the Grand Prix on sale
- Monday, March 21, 2022 Daytime Committee Stand Tables on Sale call the Ticket Office (610) 688 2554
- Monday, March 28, 2022 for all tickets, packages and parking
- During the show, all ticket issues will be resolved at the Main Ticket office, 23 Dorset Road.
- All internet purchased tickets bought after May 22rd can be picked up when the show opens May 27th in the main ticket office in “Will Call”, 23 Dorset Road.
If I buy Reserved Grandstand Tickets, do I also need to purchase General Admission Tickets?
No, a separate General Admission ticket is not required with Reserved Grandstand Seating tickets. With a Reserved Grandstand ticket, you may enter the Devon Horse Show and Country Fair grounds anytime that day, but you may only sit in your seat during the time stated on the ticket.
How do I get the best Reserved Grandstand tickets for the Grand Prix?
Anyone who purchases an All Performance Ticket Package will get first choice of a seating location. Your next best option is to purchase the FEI – Five Night World Ranking Competition Grand Prix Package. Single tickets go on sale at the Ticket Office for Walk-ins, phone and through the Internet. We no longer offer mail orders.
The schedule says that the Thursday ''Devon at Sunset'' begins at 4:30 p.m. but the actual Grand Prix class does not start until 8:00 p.m. If I want to come at 4:30 p.m. do I need to purchase an afternoon ticket as well as one for the evening?
You may enter the Devon Horse Show and Country Fair grounds any time all day with an evening ticket. The evening ticket for the Grand Prix allows you to sit in your seat beginning at 7:00 p.m. Arrive early as the crowds are large.
I waited too long, and Reserved Grandstand tickets for Thursday Evening's Grand Prix have sold out. What other performances do you recommend?
There are exciting jumping classes every night at Devon, but the same riders who compete in the Grand Prix usually also ride in the Open Jumper classes on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday evenings.
What are some of the other favorite classes at Devon?
The Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend features the Antique Carriage Pleasure Drive, a long-standing tradition at Devon. The carriages arrive at Devon between 10:00 and 11:00 a.m., and judging begins at about noon. The carriages parade through the local neighborhoods and back to the Devon Horse Show and Country Fair grounds where they are pinned in the Dixon Oval beginning at about 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday Afternoon is Ladies’ Hat Day and features the elegant Ladies Hunter Side Saddle Classes. The Ladies Side Saddle division continues into Wednesday evening with the Under Saddle Class and the awarding of the Ladies Side Saddle Championship.
The second Thursday morning features the USHJA Hunter Derby. This class consists of two rounds with the first round being a classic hunter round and the second round being a handy hunter round. Fences are set at 3’6″ to 3’9″ with four 4′ option fences. Obstacles simulate those reminiscent of the hunt field.
What days and performances are best for families with small children?
Every day is a good day for families at Devon! The rings remain busy, and the Country Fair & Midway provide a constant source of favorite foods and entertainment. Family Days are held on the first Thursday, and the first Tuesday, and the last day of the show, Sunday. On the last day of the show, Devon offers special deals all day on food, rides and souvenirs at the Country Fair & Midway.
Favorite classes on the first Saturday, include the two Lead Line classes (featuring children under 6) and the costumed Pony Hunt Teams held at the end of the afternoon in the Wheeler Ring.
Also, on the first Saturday, a jumping class featuring the best junior riders in the country takes the stage in the Dixon Oval, and the evening concludes with a Hunt Teams class, the Parent & Child class, and the Family class.
Ongoing Guided Back Barn Tours are available on the first Tuesday from 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. Registration is not required, and there is no charge for the tour.
Due to the large crowds, we do not recommend the evening Grand Prix as the best time to bring small children.
On the final Sunday, there will be special children’s crafts in the picnic grove along with the Itty Bitty Hat Parade where children can decorate their hats and parade the grounds.
I plan to buy Reserved Grandstand seating. Do I have to purchase a ticket for my child if he or she will sit on my lap?
No, your child may sit on your lap at no additional cost.
Do you offer any special discounts through the Advanced Sale Office?
- For groups of 10 or more there is a $2 discount off the price of a regular reserved grandstand ticket for all performances except the Grand Prix on the second Thursday Evening.
- In addition, Seniors 65 & over, Children 18 & under, and Active Military Personnel also receive a discount of $2 per ticket for Regular Grandstand Seating. Packages and Thursday evening of the Grand Prix are excluded from this offer.
- Multiple discounts are not allowed. Offer limited to Reserved Grandstand tickets purchased through the Advanced Sale Office in the New Ticket Office located at the corner of Dorset and Berkley Roads. Call (610) 688-2554.
Do you offer special seating for the disabled?
With General Admission, we offer a platform at the rail of the Dixon Oval between the East 1 and East 2 Grandstands for wheelchair-bound spectators and their attendants. There is ramp access at that point.
For Reserved Grandstand ticket holders, our ramped East 2 Grandstand provides a first row of seats with backs. Spectators must be able to transfer to the seat.
Wheelchair and companion seating is also available in the East 2 Grandstand. Please call the Ticket Office at (610)688-2554 for more information or if you need assistance in purchasing your tickets.