In 1896, the Devon Horse Show started as a one-day show. Now, more than 125 years later, it has become the oldest and largest outdoor multi-breed competition in the United States and it has achieved the highest rating afforded by the governing organization, US Equestrian Federation (USEF).
- In 2019, the Devon Horse Show was named “Horse Show of the Year” by the National Show Hunter Hall of Fame (NSHHF).
- The United Professional Horseman’s Association (UPHA) Chapter 15, named the Devon Horse Show the Hackney/Saddlebred Horse Show of the Year in 2019.
- In 2014, the Devon Horse Show and Country Fair was named Outstanding Volunteer Fundraising Group by the Greater Philadelphia Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
- Devon was selected to host one of two observation events used to select the United States Show Jumping team that competed at the 2012 London Olympics.
- The DHS also received the 2012 United States Hunter Jumper Association Members Choice Award rewarding excellence at US Equestrian-licensed hunter/jumper competitions relating to the competition, the facility where it took place, footing, competition personnel and hospitality.
- Devon has been awarded one of the top 25 horse shows by the North American Riders Group, ranking 14th in 2015.
- In 2012, it received the Best of the Main Line and Western Suburbs Award for the BEST FAMILY EVENT.