Information for Exhibitors
Schooling Schedule for the 2023 Devon Horse Show will be coming soon.
Saddlebred & Hackney Schooling Schedule
Saddlebred & Hackney Schooling Schedule for the 2023 Devon Horse Show will be coming soon.
Devon Horse Show Prize List
The 2023 Devon Prize List is now available!
The electronic entry service for the Devon Horse Show is now available!
through our partner, Show Management System.
(610) 964-2723 (leave a voice message)
POINTERS FOR ONLINE ENTRIES
Tentative Time Schedule
2023 Tentative Time Schedule will be available closer to the show.
FEI Approved Schedule
2023 FEI Approved Schedule will be available closer to the show.
Van Parking Directions
Van Parking for 2022 Devon Horse Show
Penn State/Great Valley campus
30 East Swedesford Road
Malvern, PA 19355
Directions from Devon:
West on Rt. 30 (Lancaster Ave.), turn right on Rt. 29, after crossing the Rt. 202 bridge, turn right on Swedesford Rd., lot located on right a quarter mile from Rt. 29/Swedesford Rd. traffic light. Lot is next to Homewood Suites/Malvern.
Driving time- 15 to 20 minutes (dependent on traffic). There will be directional signs to assist.
Carriage Pleasure Drive Information
Sunday, May 28th, 2023
Preliminary Judging will take place at St. David’s Church beginning at Noon. It will commence with the Horse divisions in order, followed by the Pony, Light Commercial and Farmers’ divisions in order. Return to the Devon Showgrounds for presentation of awards will take place at approximately 1:00 PM.
The following numbers are entered in the Carriage Pleasure Drive:
#501 Single Harness – Two Wheeled Vehicles
#502 Single Harness – Four Wheeled Vehicles
#503 Double Harness – Pairs/Tandems
#504 Unicorn and Four in Hands
#505 Single Harness – Two Wheeled Vehicles
#506 Single Harness – Four Wheeled Vehicles
#507 Double Harness – Pairs/Tandems
#509 Light Commercial and Farmer’s Division to compete as one group (Exhibition) and
is open to horses and ponies. Not eligible for Championship Drive-off.
#510 Final Championship Drive-off
Initial and final judging will be conducted in the Dixon Oval at the showgrounds.
Download the official map for the Carriage Pleasure Drive below!
Looking forward to a wonderful day driving at Devon!2022 Official Map
How to do Leadline at Devon
So you want to enter the Leadline class at Devon?
Here are a few tips and the inside scoop on how to enter this very special event on this very special day!
The Devon Horse Show Leadline Classes are an event unto themselves!
Some years, nearly 50 tiny riders ages 3 and younger, and another 50 riders in the 4 to 5 year old section come with faces scrubbed, britches pulled up tip-top, and gloves on – ready for an appearance in the Dixon Oval! All in hopes of getting that grand lollipop at the end of the class! ….oh yes, and maybe to put heels down and sit tall enough for a ribbon, too!
We know that the Leadline classes at Devon are often the start of a young rider’s show career, and so perhaps families need a bit of insight, and some “HOW TO” help. Follow along here for instructions. If you still need help, you are welcome to call our Horse Show Office telephone at: (610) 964-2723, or you may email questions to: email@example.com.
OK, so here we go….
First, go to our online entries system, ShowManagementSystem.com and bring up the Leadline Entry Blank.
Complete the first section of the entry blank (from above) regarding the description of the pony or horse.
Note: the horse or pony used in Leadline does NOT need a USEF/USHJA membership number
Circle the class which you should enter, based on the child’s age.
Note: a rider’s age in horse showing is “as of December 1, 2022”
Complete each of the boxes for the owner of the pony, the rider and the trainer.
Note: no one needs to be a member of the USEF/USHJA to show in Leadline, but all are subject to the rules of the competition
Note: a parent or guardian signature is required for the rider (they are a long way from 18 years old!)
Note: a parent may sign as trainer, and is representing that all involved are compliant with the rules of the show
Note: you do not need to complete the box for the Alternate Payee
Complete the box on the bottom right such that it looks like the sample below.
note: Leadline classes and riders are exempt from several competition requirements and fees
Do try to get the entry in by Monday, April 3, 2023. Get the entry done, then you can start on the amazing road to actually preparing for the big day! See you Saturday, May 27th for the 1:00 pm sounding of the horn!
Judges & Officials
Hunters, Hunter Seat Equitation,
- Mr. Ralph Caristo; Saugerties, NY
- Mr. Chris Wynne; Virginia Beach, VA
- Mr. Oliver Brown; Reva, VA
- Ms. Kathy Newman; Middleburg, VA
Pony Hunters/Breeding, Hunt Seat Equitation, A/O Hunters, Local Hunters
- Mr. Scott Fitton; Raleigh, NC
- Ms. Andrea Wells; Ocala, FL
- Mr. Ralph Alfano, President, Ground Jury; Wellington, FL
- Ms. Leslie Brown; Siesta Key, FL
- Ms. Flora Baptista; Brazil
- Perla Diniz Guedes, FEI Foreign Judge; Brazil
- Davin Malmqvist; Littleton, CO
- Oliver Kennedy; Brooksville, MD
Saddlebred, Roadster, Fine Harness, Hackney Horses & Ponies, Harness Ponies
- Melissa Moore; Versailles, KY
- Kent Moeller (Breeds Coordinator); Versailles, KY
- Mr. Mario Broekhuis; Markelo, Netherlands
Carriage Pleasure Drive
- Mr. Mario Broekhuis; Markelo, Netherlands
- Mr. Alan Lohman (Hunters & Equitation); Poolesville, MD
- Mr. Steve Stephens (Jumpers); Palmetto, FL
- Captain Mark Phillips (Arena Eventing); London, England
- Mr. Anderson Lima. (FEI); Brazil
- Ms. Mary Choate; Heath Springs, SC
- Mr. Bruce Burr; Weston, CT
- Ms. Sherry Robertson; Edgemont, PA
Schooling Supervisors/FEI Stewards
- Ms. Joni Maloney; New Hope, PA
- Ms. Julie Karpan; Micanopy, FL
- Mr. Peter Lane; Wellington, FL
- Ms. Colleen Reed; Batavia, OH
- Mr. Dan Reed; Batavia, OH
- Ms. Donna Rocchetti; Falls, PA
- Mr. Oliver Kennedy; Brookville, MD
- Mr. Davin Malmqvist; Littleton, CO
- Mr. Ken Marash; Harford Mills, NY
- Ms. Sarah Jackson; Spring Hill, TN
- Mr. Jeremy Raleigh; Mundelein, IL
- Mr. Russell Stewart; Deansboro, NY
- Mr. Alan Keeley; North Salem, NY
- Kent Moeller; Versailles, KY
- Jerome Parker; Northford, CT
- Ms. Amy Paradise Braden; New Waterford, OH
- Mr. Scott Mohney; Harrisburg, PA
- Mr. Jacob Snyder; Bennington, VT
A list of veterinarians and their telephone numbers will be posted at the Show and Stable Offices.
FEI Veterinarian Delegate
- Dr. Rick Mitchell; Wellington, FL
- Stephens Equestrian Design; Palmetto, FL
- Ms. Flora Baptista; Brazil
- Mr. Patrick Boyle, Manager; Hampshire, IL
- Mr. Phil De Vita, Manager; Apopka, FL
- Mr. Graham McCleary, Grounds Manager; Malvern, PA
- Mr. Tom Blankenship, Stable Manager; Westfield, IN
- Mr. Anthony Morano, Feed and Bedding Manager; Ellenton, FL
- Mr. David Lauinger, Footing Specialist; Culpepper, VA
- Ms. Cindy Bozan, Show Secretary; Lexington, KY
- Mrs. Cheryle Francis, Assistant Show Secretary; Centreville, MD
- Ms. Angela Pritchard, Assistant Show Secretary; Lexington, KY
- Ms. Caroline Smith, Assistant Show Secretary; Welcome, NC
- Mr. Ralph Stephens, Sound; Yorktown, VA
- Mr. Jon Kassel, Computer Services; Barrington, IL
- Kind Media, LLC (Hunters, Jumpers, Equitation)
- Doug Shiflet (Saddlebreds, Hackneys)
- Kind Media, LLC (Carriage Pleasure Drive, Coaching)
- Brenda Carpenter (Marketing, Devon Horse Show and Country Fair)
Any other commercial photography, or advertisement thereof, taken of subjects within the confines of the show ring without prior written consent from show management is expressly forbidden. Any violation will result in being asked to leave the showgrounds, at management’s discretion.
Exhibitor Seating Options
Grandstand Bleacher Seating: With the exception of the Thursday Evening Sapphire Grand Prix, Section EF in the East 2 Grandstand and Section EG in the East 3 Grandstand are reserved for exhibitors free of charge.
Grandstand Seating Options: For the Thursday Evening Grand Prix, exhibitors may purchase a reserved Grandstand ticket. Tickets will go on sale Monday, April 1st.
Bench seating in front of the Main Grandstand: On Grand Prix Thursday, special wristbands will be available on a first-come basis free of charge at the Front Gate Ticket Office beginning at 8:00 a.m. to those holding exhibitor wristbands or proof of general admission.
Call (610)688-2554 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or to make a reservation.
Anyone displaying an exhibitors’ wristband is welcome! The lounge, located near the Back Gate, will offer hot and cold drinks, snacks, and small bites. Amenities of the lounge include not only A/C, but WiFi, a message center, charging stations and closed circuit TVs that will allow exhibitors to keep an eye on the ring while unwinding. The exhibitors’ lounge will be open 8am-6pm each day of the show.
Online Entries Partner – Show Management Systems
Click here for pointers on entering SMS online entries.